Sump Pump Problem in Ken Caryl?
According to a study done by the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS), a clogged inlet screen or a faulty float switch caused over 40 percent of water damage claims involving a sump pump in the United States. SERVPRO® of Lakewood-Ken Caryl has been restoring water damage in Ken Caryl for over forty years, and failed sump pumps caused many basement floods.
Here are some loss prevention and maintenance tips to keep your sump pump in good repair:
- Open the lid and remove debris that may be blocking the water inlet screen
- Pour about five gallons of water into the pump and watch the float valve rise
- As the float valve rises, the pump should turn on, and the water should discharge through the outlet pipe
- Go outside and inspect the outlet pipe
- Water should be flowing from the pipe and away from the home
- Contact a plumbing professional if the sump pump fails to operate during this inspection
- Install a battery backup system
- Choose a system with a battery replacement warning
- Replace batteries every two to three years
Call Us Today!
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.