Fire Extinguisher Safety Tips for Lakewood Families?
Portable Fire Extinguishers and Children
Portable fire extinguishers save lives and property by containing small fires until the West Metro Fire Rescue can arrive. SERVPRO® of Lakewood-Ken Caryl restores fire damage throughout the year in Lakewood. Here are some recommendations from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) on portable fire extinguishers and children:
- The NFPA believes that children should not be trained how to operate portable fire extinguishers
- Teaching children to use portable fire extinguishers runs counter to NFPA messaging to get out and stay out if there is a fire
- Children may not have the maturity to operate a portable fire extinguisher properly or decide whether or not a fire is small enough to be put out by the extinguisher
- Children may not have the physical ability to handle the extinguisher or dexterity to perform the complex actions required to put out a fire
- In the process of extinguishing flames, children may not know how to respond if the fire spreads
- NFPA continues to believe that only adults who know how to operate portable fire extinguishers should use them.
Call Us Today!
When you need fire damage restoration services for your home or business, SERVPRO® of Lakewood-Ken Caryl is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 303-973-4664. We'll restore your fire damage in Lakewood, "Like it never even happened."
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.