Thunderstorm Warning in Lakewood?
SERVPRO® of Lakewood-Ken Caryl has been mitigating and restoring storm damage for Lakewood residents and businesses for over forty years. Thunderstorms occur throughout the year, and we offer these helpful tips for staying safe during a thunderstorm from the Federal Emergency Management Agency:
- When thunder roars, go indoors. A sturdy building is the safest place to be during a thunderstorm.
- Pay attention to weather reports and warnings of thunderstorms. Be ready to change plans, if necessary, to be near the shelter.
- When you receive a thunderstorm warning or hear thunder, go inside immediately
- If indoors, avoid running water or using landline phones. Electricity can travel through plumbing and phone lines.
- Protect your property. Unplug appliances and other electric devices.
- If boating or swimming, get to land and find a sturdy, grounded shelter or vehicle immediately
- If necessary, take shelter in a car with a metal top and sides. Do not touch anything metal.
- Avoid flooded roadways. Turn Around Don’t Drown®. Just six inches of fast-moving water can knock you down, and one foot of moving water can sweep your vehicle away.
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Lakewood-Ken Caryl responds to commercial and residential storm damage emergencies 24-hours a day in Lakewood. Call us today at 303-973-4664. We’ll clean and restore your storm damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.