If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (303) 973-4664

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Candle Fire in Lakewood Home?

2/22/2021 (Permalink)

Several white candles are burning on a wooden shelf. We are the fire restoration leaders Lakewood resident’s trust!

Candle Safety Tips

My roommate left some candles burning on a wooden shelving unit in her bathroom in our Lakewood home that caught the bathroom on fire. Although the fire was contained to the bathroom and extinguished before it caused any major damage, the entire house was covered in soot, and everything smelled like smoke.

We called SERVPRO® of Lakewood-Ken Caryl, and they cleaned and restored our home quickly and efficiently. By the time they completed the job you would never know there had been a fire.

Here are some candle safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:

  • Blow out all candles when you leave the room or go to bed. Avoid the use of candles in the bedroom and other areas where people may fall asleep.
  • Keep candles at least 1 foot away from anything that can burn.
  • Use candle holders that are sturdy and won’t tip over easily.
  • Put candle holders on a sturdy, uncluttered surface.
  • Keep your hair and any loose clothing away from the flame.
  • Don’t burn a candle all the way down — put it out before it gets too close to the holder or container.
  • Never use a candle if oxygen is used in the home.

Call Us!

When your home or commercial business is damaged by fire, SERVPRO® of Lakewood-Ken Caryl  is ready to respond 24-hours a day. Call us today at 303-973-4664. We’ll restore your fire damage in Lakewood, “Like it never even happened.”

SERVPRO® of Lakewood-Ken Caryl is Independently Owned and Operated.

Other News

View Recent Posts